ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST (FULL-TIME)
This position will be responsible for performing routine accounts receivable/payable activities, data entry using MS Excel to prepare and post reports.
REQUIRED: High School Graduate or GED
PREFERRED: PRIOR MANUFACTURING ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED: Two-year degree in Business Administration, Accounting or similar degree
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Intermittent computer skills, Word, Excel and QuickBooks
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Confirm information on customer packing list with the PO
- Prepare and send customer invoices and credit
- Post received payment from customer
- Confirm vendor packing list with PO
- Enter vendor invoice to accounting system
- Enter vendor purchase items to excel chart
- Enter credit card transactions
- Bank deposits
- Enter data in PO system if the number has not been issued
- Monitor any outstanding customer invoices and contact customer.
- Respond to any inquiries from customer and vendors.
- Prepare check run
- Maintain petty cash
- Reconcile account balances and inquiry to obtain missing information or verify unusual data.
- Assign/find out expense account/department classification.
- Compile or extract data from accounting software to prepare required report.
- Sales/use tax calculation prepare payment coupon
- Prepare and file form 1099
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Health insurance – Available following 1st full month of employment
- Dental insurance- Available following 1st full month of employment
- Vision insurance – Available following 1st full month of employment
- Retirement plan – Contribute after 6 months, Employer match of 50% of first 6% after 1 year.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.